I ❤ COOKIES! They smell like heaven, taste like joy and have a great crunchy texture that’s comforting in itself.
HOMEMADE COOKIES ARE THE BEST, because store bought cookies tend to contain way too much sugar, some as much as 10 grams of sugar per cookie!!! I find it wiser to bake healthy cookies at home.
HERE’S A RECIPE FOR CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES that are tasty, low in sugar and of course, free from any weird artificial additives (glucose, corn or fructose syrups) that often are added to supermarket cookies.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with
Honey & Coconut
Prep time 20 minutes. Baking time 20 minutes. Makes 10-12 cookies.
Spelt flour, 2 tbsp
Oatmeal flakes, 100g
Baking powder, 1/2 tsp
Dried dissecated coconut, 20g
Coconut oil (melt it a little on low heat (not in a microwave!)), 30g
Honey (best is from a local bee keeper), 2 tbsp
Warm water, 50ml
70% cocoa chocolate cut up or grated into little chunks, 30g
1. PREHEAT THE OVEN to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. IN A BOWL, mix the first 6 ingredients. Add warm water and knead to make dough.
3. ADD CHOCOLATE CHIPS TO THE BOWL AND softly stir it through the dough so that it is evenly spread out. Take about a spoonful of dough to make one cookie. Make all the cookies about the same thickness so that they all bake at the same time.
4. GO CREATIVE! Don’t limit yourself to round cookies – how about some nice stars, hearts or flower shaped cookies (in this case, you can also add the chocolate chips in the middle of the ‘flower’ once you have already shaped the dough).
5. BAKE FOR 10-20 minutes (depending on the thickness of the cookie). The cookies are done when they are golden brown and feel rough. Best eaten one day after baking.