Organic bacon and organic Parmezan cheese make this risotto pretttee sassy and delicious. Mmm. Additionally, lots of seasonal veggies really add up on the healthy factor! Okay, it might not be as healthy as a plate of salad – but it’s definitely better than any fast food or junk food out there, not to mention it being rich in fibre and vitamins from the mushrooms and green peas.
This risotto is a tasty, easy weeknight dinner or a lazy, delicious weekend treat. Add 100ml of white wine to the broth if you’d like an even richer flavor.
Mushroom & Green Pea Risotto
Serves 4 hungry eaters. Prep time: 30 minutes.
Risotto rice, 300g
Vegetable broth, about 900ml
Onion, 2 medium-sized, finely sliced
Mushrooms, 300g, sliced
Green peas, deep-frozen, 150g
Grated Parmezan cheese, 100g
Bacon pieces, 100g
Oil for frying, 3 tablespoons
1. Heat up the oil in a pan and bake the bacon until slightly crispy.
2. Remove bacon from pan, then heat up onion in the same oil for 2-3 minutes. Add rice and stir for a minute until glazed.
3. Add a part of vegetable broth to the pan, enough to cover the rice. Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms and green peas to the pan, add more vegetable stock, again enough to cover the rice. Keep on adding broth as neccessary, until the rice is soft. This usually takes about 10-15 more minutes of simmering.
5. When done, remove from heat and add bacon and Parmezan cheese. Stir through (the cheese will melt, that’s alright!) and enjoy!
To share this post with your friends, scroll over the share button below on the left.