TODAY IS THE DAY that I have made a curry from scratch for the first time! Yey! Let’s celebrate by making more curry!
THINGS I LOVED ABOUT IT:
* fragrance filling up the kitchen, making me seem like a great cook! (hehe.. ;))
* great comfort food, while also easy and fun to prepare,
* some work chopping, but after that it’s very basic…
* a perfect option even as a lazy workday dinner, and
* packs a ton of nutritious ingredients, looks beautiful on your plate!
SWEET POTATO CURRY
Serves 4. Prep time: 40 minutes.
Oil for cooking, 2 tblsp
Red onions, 2
Garlic, 2 large cloves
Ginger, 1 tblsp freshly grated
Green chili, 2
Sweet potatoes, 800grams (3-5 large pieces)
Spinach, 150g, roughly chopped
Turmeric powder, 2 teaspoons
Cumin powder, 1 teaspoon
Crushed coriander powder, 1 teaspoon
Vegetable stock, 300ml
Fresh coriander, 1 large handful
Almond shavings, 1 tblsp, roasted (in a pan without oil for 2-3 minutes until just fragrant, don’t let them burn!)
1. CUT RED ONION AND GREEN CHILI into thin stripes, mince garlic, and then mix all together with ginger. Fry on oil for 4-5 minutes in a large sautee pan.
2. DICE SWEET POTATO (chunks of roughly 2cm-3cm will do), and add to the frying pan together with all the dry spices. Stir occassionally for a few minutes, until fragrant.
3. ADD VEGETABLE STOCK TO THE PAN. Let the mixture simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potato has cooked.
4. ADD SPINACH TO THE PAN, stir through and let it wilt. Remove from heat. Sprinkle the curry with roasted almond shaving and roughly chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot, hot, hot!
SERVE ALONGSIDE a green salad, or with a small portion of brown rice (although, if super-lazy, eating this curry on it’s own will still rock your world!).
To share this post with your friends, scroll over the share button below on the left.